Thursday 15 December 2011

Flat Plans...

 Below are my flat plans of my front cover, contents and double page spread. I have roughly drawn out where I would preferable like everything to be and have put all my ideas together to create these three rough sketches as a guide to help me when I come round to creating them on the computer.

I plan for my front cover to have the masthead uncovered by any images/coverlines. I may decide to have it in a coloured box, I want it bold and eye catching. I plan for my image to be in the centre of the page, with coverlines either side of it, making it have a sort of symetrical effect. Also, I would like to have a suitable amount of coverlines so it doesnt come across as looking 'overcrowded'. I plan to try and make all the main coverlines stand out, possibly by putting them in boxes/circles, or by having them in a different font to the rest.


I plan for my contents also to have the title uncovered and eye catching. I would like my main image to be on the left/centre allowing room for the main contents information. Also on my contents, I would like there to be a mixture of both images and text, rather than it just being a page full of page numbers and writing. I plan to have pictures of the pop artists that would feature in my magazine down the right hand side. Some ideas for the contents of my magazine include; hot posters, new artist profiles, awesome competitions, album review and concert dates.



This is my plan for my double page spread, again I want a clear title and a mixture of both images and text. I would like the main image to be on the left, with the interview (text) justified to the right of the image. I plan to include boxes/circles to help to highlight some of the main bits and make them stand out from the rest; including the main quote, concert dates and possible new album or single.

1 comment:

  1. Well done for meeting the deadline Kaylee. You have produced some excellent work already and are showing potential for a level 4 - keep up the good work. Miss Lea :-)

    ReplyDelete