Saturday 26 November 2011

Advantages and Disadvantages of questionnaire.

Advantages:
The advantages of a questionnaire are that they are fairly quick and easy to do; people can easily take them away and complete them so it doesn’t waste lots of time. Also, by doing a questionnaire it’s a way in which you can get a range of lots of different people’s opinions, rather than it all just coming from me personally, and other people may have some good answers that influence me. A questionnaire is a very efficient way of collecting information, the results are very easy to present, and using pie charts helps to display results very clearly. Furthermore, because everyone completed the questionnaire alone, there was no pressure on them so hopefully no bias results.
Disadvantages:
The disadvantages are that some people may have misunderstood some of the questions, they may have ticked the wrong number of boxes for example. Also, the questions can’t be complex; they have to be kept quite simple so everyone, ranging from all different ages, is able to complete the questionnaire with no difficulty. It is hard to tell if people have actually answered the questionnaire truthly, rather than being influenced by others around them. Moreover, some people may even loose the question or even possibly write down silly answers that are completely unrelated. Finally, some people’s answers may not be given as an option which would mean they just had to pick from what was listed rather than it being their honest opinion.

Overall, I think that my questionnaire was very useful to me. I saw my questionnaire being more of an advantage rather than a disadvantage. I am going to take all my results into account when creating my magazine, and believe my results have been useful and have helped to influence me.

No comments:

Post a Comment