Thursday 26 January 2012

First Front Cover Draft

This is my first draft for my front cover. I got some feedback on my cover from my target auidence, some good aspects were brought up and some improvement were also brought up. It was helpful as it means I get lots of other peoples opinions rather than just my own.
The strengths of my cover were:
-it is very bright and colourful
-a variety of fonts have been used
-very clear masthead
-it is symmetrical, with coverlines like wrapped round the image
-the bottom half, with the star and box stands out alot
The weaknesses were:
-doesn't immediately connote the genre of pop
-the image is more drum and bass type music
-need a barcode and price
-could add a light coloured background possibly


So, in order to improve on my cover, I plan on going out and taking more images. I need to make the model on my front cover image fit the genre of pop better. I may have to change the clothing to make it more like what guys in boybands would wear. I could also consider altering my masthead slightly, to again make it fit my genre better and to make it more 'girly'. I want viewers to easily recognise my magazine as being a pop magazine, so hopefully after the changes it would work better and immediately connote the genre of pop without any confusion.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the use of different colours on this page; they are eye catching and clearly connote pop. The use of a star in the bottom corner is very successful and draws the eye to that corner, however you could possibly include another shape or picture further up the page to create balance and draw in the reader :)

    ReplyDelete